Nikon DSLR d3000
D3000 Cheap Nikon's latest DSLR. It's a good camera all by itself, but that's the worst DSLR Nikon has ever made. What makes it worse by comparison considerably slower and balkier activity when compared to other Nikon DSLRs.
The Nikon D40 is a better camera for less money.
The Nikon D3000 is inferior in terms of operational speed and ease of use, as well as poor image quality in engineering. Specifically, the D3000 is approximately one-stop noise at any ISO for more than the D40, D3000 is as noisy at ISO 800 as the D40 is ISO 1600. While the D40 will be very good at ISO 1600, ISO D3000 is the county in 1600 for normal use. You must keep the D3000 at ISO 800 or lower for best results.
D3000 thank goodness there is no video or Live View mode. DSLR makes crappy video screen mode and blocking operation of the camera and the price, so there is no video made for a better camera at a better price. Similarly, Live View is a feature mostly fluff that jack up prices, and very few people can figure out. Both video and Live View mode keeps the shutter open to get more dirt on the sensor. Good for freedom, and streamed video!
The D3000 is ADR. The D3000 does not automatically correct colors and sidelines such as D5000 above. The D3000 does not support wireless flash controller with its built-in flash, you have to use flash as commander.
D3000 GUIDE introduces a new regime, which tries to help people figure out how to use complicated camera. It is not very useful.
D3000 is the best thing about it that Nikon has one single system yet. Nikon eliminate the custom function menu, and put everything where it belongs, or PLAY PHOTO SETUP menu. For example, we often have to go looking for items related to the shooting at random places in the three menu systems, and now they are all in the shooting menu.
Key Features d3000
10.2-Megapixel DX-format Imaging Sensor
Delivers extraordinary image quality for breathtaking prints up to 20 x 30 inches.
Beautifully styled—Ready to go where life takes you.
Includes 3x 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Image Stabilization Lens
Legendary NIKKOR optical quality and fast, accurate autofocus means vivid color, striking contrast and crisp detail, while VR image stabilization assures your sharpest pictures ever.
Split-second Shutter Response
Eliminates the frustration of shutter delay, capturing moments that other cameras miss.
6 Automatic Exposure Scene Modes
Just set the Mode dial to Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up or Night Portrait for stunning results in otherwise challenging conditions.
In-camera Image Editing
The Retouch Menu provides creative freedom, without the need for a computer, offering 13 easy editing functions, including Trim, Red-eye Correction and Soft Filter.
Automatic Image Sensor Cleaning
Ultrasonic process and exclusive Airflow Control combats the accumulation of dust in front of the image sensor, safeguarding image quality shot after shot.
6 Personal Picture Control Settings
Choose from Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, or Landscape to apply a personal look and feel to your pictures.
ISO sensitivity from 100 – 1600
Exceptional results, even in challenging low-light situations.
Easy-To-Use—Featuring Nikon Guide Mode
Intuitive controls and the on-board Guide Mode assist you every step of the way.
Continuous Shooting up to 3 Frames-Per-Second
Capture fast action, precious moments and fleeting expressions confidently.
3-inch Color LCD Monitor
Bright, high-resolution, 170-degree wide-angle viewing for easy picture review and sharing.
Nikon EXPEED Image Processing
Assures breathtakingly rich image quality, managing color, contrast, exposure, noise and speed.
Fast and accurate autofocus delivers razor-sharp pictures.
Restores picture-enhancing detail in shadows and highlights.
Price: ESP $599.95* D3000 Digital SLR Camera Kit includes AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens (Product Number 25462). Other outfits available.
Nikon D3000 Sample Photo Quality
Nikon D3000 Sample Video Quality
Get your own valid XHTML YouTube embed code
- Lens MountNikon F bayonet mount
- Picture AngleEffective picture angle 1.5x (Approx.) conversion factor (Nikon DX format)
- Effective Pixels10.2 million
- Sensor Size23.6 x 15.8mm
- Image Sensor FormatDX
- Image Sensor TypeCCD
- Total Pixels10.75 million
- Dust-Off Reference PhotoYes
- Image Area (pixels)DX-format
(L) 3872 x 2592
(M) 2896 x 1944
(S) 1936 x 1296
- File FormatCompressed 12-bit NEF (RAW)
JPEG (Baseline Compliant)
- Picture ControlLandscape
- Storage MediaSD
- Card Slot1 Secure Digital (SD)
- File SystemCompliant with DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0
EXIF 2.21 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras
- ViewfinderEye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder
- Viewfinder Frame Coverage95% Approx.
- Viewfinder Magnification0.80x Approx.
- Viewfinder Eyepoint18mm (-1.0m⁻¹)
- Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment-1.7 to +0.5m⁻¹
- Focusing ScreenType B BriteView Clear Matte screen Mark V with superimposed focus brackets
- Reflex MirrorQuick-return type
- Lens Compatibility at a Glance***AF-S Lens Required for Autofocus
- Compatible LensesAF-NIKKOR for F3AF not supported
AF-S, AF-I: All functions supported
AI-P NIKKOR: All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II
Electronic Rangefinder usable with lens with maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster
IX Nikkor lenses cannot be used
Non-CPU: Autofocus not supported. Can be used in exposure mode d, but exposure meter does not function
Non-Type G or D AF NIKKOR not equipped with an autofocus motor: All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II and autofocus
Type G or D AF NIKKOR not equipped with an autofocus motor: All functions supported except autofocus
Type D PC NIKKOR: All functions supported except some shooting modes
- Shutter typeElectronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane
- Fastest Shutter Speed1/4000 sec. in steps of 1/3 EV
- Slowest Shutter Speed30 sec. in steps of 1/3
- Flash Sync SpeedUp to 1/200 sec.
- Bulb Shutter SettingYes
- Shutter Release ModesContinuous Frame Shooting (Approx 3 FPS)
Quick Response Remote Mode
Single-frame [S] mode
- Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution3 frames per second
- Self-timer2, 5, 10, 20 sec. Timer duration electronically controlled
- Exposure Metering System420 pixel RGB sensor 3D Color Matrix Metering II
- Metering Range0 to 20 EV (3D color matrix or center-weighted metering)
- Exposure Meter CouplingCPU
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority Auto (A)
Programmed Auto with flexible Program (P)
Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
- Advanced Scene ModesAuto
Auto [Flash Off]
- Automatic Exposure Scene ModesYes
- Exposure Compensation±5 EV in increments of 1/3
- Exposure LockYes
- Mirror Lock UpYes (for image sensor cleaning)
- ISO SensitivityISO 100 - 1600
Hi-1 (ISO 3200)
- Lowest Standard ISO Sensitivity100 in steps of 1 EV
- Highest Standard ISO Sensitivity1600 in steps of 1 EV
- Highest Expanded ISO SensitivityHi-1 (ISO 3200 equivalent)
- Expanded ISO Sensitivity OptionsHi-1 (ISO 3200 equivalent)
- Long Exposure Noise ReductionYes
- High ISO Noise ReductionYes
- Single-point AF ModeYes
- Dynamic AF ModeNumber of AF points: 11 (3D-tracking)
- Auto-area AF ModeYes
- Autofocus SystemNikon Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus module
TTL phase detection
- Focus LockHalf press of shutter-release button (single-point AF in AF-S)
- Focus ModesAuto
Single-servo AF (S)
- Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points11
- Autofocus Sensitivity-1 to +19 EV (ISO 100)
- Built-in FlashYes
- Built-in Flash DistanceGuide Number Approx. 12/39, 13/43 with manual flash (m/ft, ISO 100, 20 °C/68°F)
- X-Sync Speed1/200
- Flash Controli-TTL Balanced fill-flash, standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR
- Flash Sync ModesFront-curtain sync (normal)
Red-eye reduction with slow sync
- Flash Compensation-3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV
- Accessory ShoeYes
- Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS)CLS Supported
- White BalanceAuto
Fine Tune by Kelvin color temperature setting (2,500 K to 10,000K)
Fluorescent (7 types)
Preset manual (up to 5 values can be stored)
- Monitor Size3.0 in. diagonal
- Monitor Resolution230,000 Dots
- Monitor TypeWide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD
- Monitor AdjustmentsBrightness, 7 levels
- Playback FunctionsAuto image rotation
Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images or calendar)
playback of stop-motion movies created with D3000
Playback with zoom
Thumbnail (4, 9 or 16 segments)
- In-Camera Image EditingBefore and After
NEF (RAW) Processing
- Image CommentYes
- InterfaceHi-speed USB
- WiFi FunctionalityEye-Fi Compatible
- Recent SettingsYes
- Supported LanguagesChinese (Simplified and Traditional)
- Date, Time and Daylight Savings Time SettingsYes
- World Time SettingYes
- Battery / BatteriesEN-EL9 Lithium-ion Battery
EN-EL9a Lithium-ion Battery
- Battery Life (shots per charge)500 shots (CIPA)
- AC AdapterEH-5a AC Adapter
- Battery ChargerMH-23 Quick Charger
- Tripod Socket1/4 inch 20
- Approx. DimensionsWidth 5.0 in. (126mm)
Height 3.8 in. (94mm)
Depth 2.5 in. (64mm)
- Approx. Weight16.1 oz. (485g)
camera body only
- Supplied SoftwareSoftware Suite CD-ROM
- Optional AccessoriesCF-DC1 Semi-soft case
EH-5A AC Adapter
EP-5 Power Supply Connector
EG-D100 Video Cable
ML-L3 Remote Controller
Capture NX 2 Software
- Supplied Accessories
- EN-EL9a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-23 Quick Charger
- UC-E4 USB Cable
- DK-20 Rubber Eyecup
- AN-DC3 Camera Strap
- BF-1A Body Cap
- DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
- BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover
- Software Suite CD-ROM